Common Core Curriculum - (421,134 views) Is this America? - Parent Manhandled, Arrested While Speaking Out Against Common Core - The Blaze - A parent in Towson, Md., was arrested Thursday night at a public forum after vocally expressing his concerns about the Baltimore County School District’s plan to use Common Core standards in its curriculum. Robert Small, a concerned father, was forcefully removed from the meeting by a police officer after he interrupted Baltimore County Schools Superintendent Dallas Dance during the question-and-answer portion of the forum. The meeting apparently didn’t allow parents to stand up and ask questions or comment. Parents and other attendants were instead asked to write their questions on a piece of paper and officials would read them. However, Small began speaking out against the district’s use of Common Core, prompting a security guard, who was also a police officer, to approach him and order him to leave. “Let’s go!” he said sternly.When Small didn’t immediately comply, the officer began pulling his arm and pushing him towards the exit. Some audience members gasped at the cop’s use of force. “Don’t stand for this,” the father said as he was dragged out. “You are sitting here like cattle! Is this America?” Read more.......
Related Articles - Direct Links:
(1) Walter Williams - Student Indoctrination - Townhall......
(2) School Takes Kids to Mosque, Gives Them Copies of Koran - Townhall.......
(3) VIDEO: Sean Hannity - School revises trip rules after students visit mosque - Fox.......
(2) Virginia Governor's Race - Ken Cuccielli - Fighting for Virginia - This past Monday, I joined a group of fellow conservatives at a studio in Chantilly to talk about our campaign for Governor. We taped the speech and decided to run it on television this weekend in various areas of the state. The schedule is down below, and you can also view it online here.
In the speech, I explain how and why our campaign's policies and vision are based on our First Principles, and why they help protect liberty, property rights and opportunity for every Virginian.
Below are a few of the upcoming times the ad will be airing -- if you live in these areas, I hope you'll be able to tune in. I also encourage you to invite your friends, family, and neighbors to watch as well.
Northern Virginia - WJLA TV ABC - Saturday September 21 from 12:30pm - 1pm
Roanoke/Lynchburg - WDBJ TV CBS - Saturday September 21 from 1-130pm
Richmond - WRIC TV ABC - Sunday September 22 from 2-230pm
WWBT TV NBC - Sunday September 22 from 6-630 am
Norfolk - WTVZ TV My Network - Monday September 23 from 830-9am.
This 30 min ad gives us a good chance to spread our positive message of economic growth, limited government, and First Principles.
If you like the ad, please visit fightingforvirginia.org to contribute and help us keep it on the air.
Thank you for your help!
(3) Bearing Drift Poll - Va. Lt. Gov. - Northam 31, Jackson 29 - Va. Attorney General: Obenshain 36, Herring 25 - Bearing Drift and Conquest Communications teamed up to conduct a statewide poll of the top three offices on the November ballot. The results are in and first up: the attorney general race between Republican Mark Obenshain and Democrat Mark Herring.
Our poll found Obenshain ahead, 36 percent to 25 percent, with (an unsurprising) 40 percent undecided among likely voters. The poll’s margin of error is 5 points.
Obenshain leads Herring in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th and 10th congressional districts. As one would expect, Obenshain’s greatest strength comes from his home-base in the 6th CD, where he has a commanding 54-14 lead, with 31 percent undecided. Herring’s strength is in the state’s urban districts, with the 11th being his best (37-29, 34 percent undecided).
What do these numbers tell us? Obenshain is doing what he needs to do to win, but the undecided vote is enormous, even in the regions where both candidates are best known from their time in the state Senate. As down-ticket races typically receive much less coverage than the gubernatorial race, that’s no surprise. But with Obenshain now buying TV time, his numbers should improve statewide. Read more.......
Related Article - Direct Link:
Jackson Education Plan Gives Parents Greater Choice in Their Children's Educational Opportunities.......
Monday, September 23, 2013
Common Core Curriculum - #4584 - VIDEO: (421,134 views) Is This America? - Parent Manhandled, Arrested While Speaking Out Against Common Core - The Blaze (2) Va. Governor's Race: VIDEO: Ken Cuccinelli: Fighting for Virginia (3) Virginia State Races: Bearing Drift Polls - Lt. Gov. - Jackson 29, Northam 31 - Atty: Gen. Obenshain 36 - Herring 25
Posted by Audrey Welborn at 5:00 AM