DON'T MISS THIS ONE, EXCELLENT ARTICLE:
The Front Man: Face of the Lawless Bureaucracy - Kevin Williamson, National Review - Conservatives have for years attempted to put our finger upon precisely why Barack Obama strikes us as queer in precisely the way he does. There is an alienness about him, which in the fever swamps is expressed in all that ridiculous Kenyan-Muslim hokum, but his citizen-of-the-world shtick is strictly sophomore year — the great globalist does not even speak a foreign language. Obama has been called many things — radical, socialist — labels that may have him dead to rights at the phylum level but not down at his genus or species. His social circle includes an alarming number of authentic radicals, but the president’s politics are utterly conventional managerial liberalism. His manner is aloof, but he is too plainly a child of the middle class to succumb to the regal pretensions that the Kennedys suffered from, even if his household entourage does resemble the Ringling Bros. Circus as reimagined by Imelda Marcos when it moves about from Kailua Beach to Blue Heron Farm. Not a dictator under the red flag, not a would-be king, President Obama is nonetheless something new to the American experience, and troubling. Read more.......
(2) VIDEO: (2) Ted Cruz: Defund Obamacare: Make Your Voice Heard This August - Heritage Foundation - Members of Congress head home tomorrow for a month-long recess. Although they are escaping Washington, they won’t get a break from important issues that are awaiting them in September. Chief among them is the fight to defund Obamacare.
With just two months until enrollment opens for Obamacare’s insurance exchanges — a key component of the President’s health-care law — it’s now up to Americans to make their voices heard at town-hall meetings that are happening in August.
Our sister organization, Heritage Action for America, announced yesterday it will host town halls in nine cities across America. The “Defund Obamacare Tour” will feature Heritage Foundation President Jim DeMint, Heritage Action CEO Michael A. Needham, and Rafael Cruz, father of Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX).
Senator Cruz, a leader in the campaign to defund Obamacare, will make a special appearance in Dallas. Speaking at Heritage this week, Cruz said, “The only way we win this fight is if the grassroots rise up and demand of our elected representatives that they stand up and do the right thing.” Read more......
(3) 5 Immigration Questions to Ask Your Congressman - Heritage Foundation - During the August congressional recess, a pro-amnesty coalition of business and union interests is putting the squeeze on members of the House of Representatives to pass a “comprehensive immigration reform” bill similar to the Senate-passed monstrosity. But hard-working Americans also have a voice and can speak up in town halls with House members while they’re in the districts. Here are five questions to remind them of the wisdom and importance of taking a step-by-step approach to immigration reform.
1. How can we afford an amnesty for illegal immigrants?
We can’t. Over their lifetimes, the estimated 11.5 million illegal immigrants would cost federal, state, and local taxpayers trillions of dollars, because they will consume significantly more in government benefits and services than they pay in taxes. Amnesty for millions of predominantly low-skilled illegal immigrants also will depress wages for low-skilled Americans and make a tough job market more difficult.
2. If illegal immigrants win amnesty, how is that fair to the 4.5 million who are waiting to enter the United States legally?
It isn’t fair. America prides itself on the rule of law. As Americans, we should not allow those who break our laws to be rewarded—especially at the expense of those who are abiding by the rules. Rather than adequately streamlining our legalization system, some in Congress are pushing a new “path to citizenship” that grants amnesty to those who broke the law. Read more..........
(4) Ho Chi Minh, Obama's Freedom Fighter - American Spectator - The occasion was a July 25 meeting between President Obama and the leader of communist Vietnam. Obama stated: “President Sang shared with me a copy of a letter sent by Ho Chi Minh to Harry Truman. And we discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson.”
This, of course, is utter nonsense. Ho Chi Minh was a committed Marxist-Leninist revolutionary who cut his teeth at Moscow’s Lenin School. He became one of the Soviet Comintern’s most successful agents. Among the testimonies to his efforts are the countless boat people from Vietnam who now live in America (many of whom voted for Obama).
But not only is Obama’s statement nonsense; it’s also the product of communist propaganda. Read more........ Article contributed by Steve Peters.