5 Ways to Thwart the NSA and Government From Spying on You - The Blaze - Recent news of the NSA collecting metadata of phone calls from communication companies, along with federal law enforcement seeming to continue to press for expansion of its ability to collect personal information online without warrants, has many questioning how safe their own privacy is. Although a Pew Research Center poll found 56 percent of Americans back the NSA’s spying on call records, many have still expressed outrage over what they feel is a breech of their expected privacy and have labeled the whistleblower of the classified government program a hero.Those concerned about their communication privacy — be it over the phone or on the Web — may then be wondering: Is there anything to be done? Is full privacy even possible? We went searching and found a few answers. Here are a few tips:1. Go off the grid: Although the most extreme measure, not communicating electronically would prevent such data from ever being available for collection in the first place. If you want to know what it’s like to go at least without the Internet for a year, check out Paul Miller’s column on The Verge after he did just that. Read more........
(2) 5 Reasons the Rubio/McCain Amnesty Bill is the Next Obamacare - Townhall - At a time when the Obama Administration is imploding under the weight of its own scandals and the GOP's odds of taking back the Senate in 2014 are rising almost by the day, it's incredibly ironic that the Republican Party is working with the Democrats on an amnesty bill that will depress the conservative base in 2014, permanently cement in a Democrat majority in America and give Barack Obama almost everything he wants in return for absolutely nothing of consequence.
It's at moments like these when you realize that Republicans really richly deserve to be called "the stupid party."
1) The bill legalizes illegal aliens before security measures are put in place: Read more........ Article contributed by Steve Peters.
(3) Obamacare: Talk to Your Doctor Now - N.Y. Post - Have you had “the conversation” with your doctor yet? I don’t mean the conversation you used to have with your pre-pubescent kids before the Internet and Facebook took over sex education; I mean the post-ObamaCare conversation, where you try to figure out if you’ll get to keep your doctor or not.
Is she planning on retiring early or moving to a large group or a hospital practice where you can’t follow her? Will she be taking your new insurance? Will the various Medicare cuts and changes force her to limit her practice size just when you’re reaching 65 and need her the most?
How does she feel about a future where doctors will be paid for government-defined “quality,” rather than for delivering you a service the way lawyers are paid? Beware: It’s much easier for a doctor to document quality if her patient gets better. The sicker you get, the more incentive your doctor has to run away. Read more........ Article contributed by Steve Peters.
(4) U.S. Senate Advances 'Gang of Eight' Immigration Bill - The Blaze - The U.S. Senate voted 82-15 on a motion to begin formal debate on the so-called Gang of Eight immigration bill that would affect 11 million unauthorized immigrants and U.S. employers.
“There are 11 million reasons to pass common-sense immigration reform that mends our broken system — 11 million stories of heartbreak and suffering that should motivate Congress to act,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said.Republicans, for their part, indicate that they will seek tougher border security provisions as well as tougher terms for immigrants seeking to gain legal status.
“This bill has serious flaws,” said Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), adding that the bill’s passage is hardly assured.
“The Gang of Eight has done its work. Now it’s time for the Gang of 100 to do its work — for the entire Senate to have its say on this issue, and see if we can do something to improve the status quo,” he added. Read more, see how your Senator voted .........
(5) Bush More Popular than Obama - Breitbart - In a Gallup tracking poll released Tuesday, former-President George W. Bush currently stands with a favorability rating of 49%, compared to 46% who see the 43rd president unfavorably. Meanwhile, another Gallup poll shows President Obama with only a 47% approval rating, with 44% disapproving.
If you think about it, this makes perfect sense.
After all, Obama fooled everyone when he ran as the anti-Bush in 2008.
Everyone thought Obama meant he would be less hawkish than his predecessor. But as we have seen, Obama apparently has no problem killing American citizens via remote control with drones or greatly expanding upon Bush's surveillance state. This, even though Obama told us he had pretty much won the War on Terror. Read more.........