GREAT ARTICLE, WITH STATISTICAL INFORMATION ON THE IMPACT OF THIS IMMIGRATION BILL:
Republican Party Won't Survive Amnesty Bill and Neither Will America - American Thinker - The Republican Party won't survive the passing of the Democrat's illegal immigration amnesty bill. This shouldn't be too complex for the D.C. geniuses: if you betray your party's base to pander to the opposition's base, they win, you lose.
If you screw the white working class to pander to the Hispanic vote, whites will stay home.
If you destroy your base's trust in government, by passing yet another 2000 page bill no one has read, Republicans will stay home. Republicans are too busy working and raising a family to waste their time voting for a bunch of cynical, lying politicians.
President Bush let down his base by spending money like a drunken sailor. They stayed home.
Obama lost Democrat voters in 2012, but he won anyway because an estimated 6 million white voters stayed home compared to 2008. Who were these election drop-outs? Rural, working class Republicans. Read more......
(2) Sen. Rand Paul Interview on the Senate Passage of Immigration Bill, 68-32, Here are the 14 Republicans Who Voted for It - The Blaze - The Senate has passed massive immigration legislation that will offer a pathway to citizenship to millions of illegal immigrants, while promising border security in the future.
The vote was 68-32, far more than the majority needed to send the measure to the House. Prospects there are not nearly as good and many conservatives are opposed. Vice President Joe Biden presided, and senators cast their votes from their desks, both steps reserved for momentous votes.
The bill, a priority for President Barack Obama, would amount to the most sweeping changes in decades to the nation’s immigration laws.
After three weeks of debate, there was no doubt about the outcome. Fourteen Republicans joined all 52 Democrats and two independents to support the bill.
Here are the 14 GOP senators who voted for the legislation:
Marco Rubio (Fla.)
Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
Jeffrey Chiesa (N.J.)
Susan Collins (Maine)
Bob Corker (Tenn.)
Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
Orrin Hatch (Utah)
Dean Heller (Nev.)
John Hoeven (N.D.)
Mark Kirk (Ill.)
John McCain (Ariz.) Read more........
(3) Comprehensive Reform - House Republicans Give the Senate Immigration Bill Short Shift - National Review Online - Perhaps the one thing that’s certain about the House of Representatives and immigration is that the bill that just passed the Senate could never, ever pass the House. Indeed, it’s difficult to overstate how little regard Republicans there have for it, even with the border-security amendment added by Senators Bob Corker and John Hoeven.“Just like all the senators, I haven’t read it yet,” quips Representative Tim Huelskamp of Kansas. The House should “fold it up into a paper airplane and throw it out the window. Oh, is that not the right answer?” jokes Representative Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina. “The Senate is, at this point, irrelevant,” observes Representative Ted Poe of Texas, the chairman of the House immigration caucus.
“If you think that the House is going to cave and bring up the Senate bill,” Representative Devin Nunes of California says, “that is idiotic. Anyone who pushes that is just ultimately trying to kill immigration reform.” Read more.......
(4) Treasury: IRS Targeted 292 Tea Party Groups, Just 6 Progressive Groups - Washington Examiner - Refuting Democratic suggestions that progressive groups were also swept up in the IRS probe of the tax status of Tea Party organizations, the Treasury Department's inspector general has revealed that just six progressive groups were targeted compared to 292 conservative groups. Read more........
(5) FBI - It's Too Racist to Show Pictures of Terrorists - Daily Caller - Less than a week after Washington Democratic Rep. Jim McDermott wrote a letter to the FBI about the “Faces of Global Terrorism” ad he found to be racist, the ad is being taken down, the Seattle Times reports.
McDermott had written that the Puget Sound Joint Terrorism Task Force’s “ad featuring sixteen photos of wanted terrorists is not only offensive to Muslims and ethnic minorities, but it encourages racial and religious profiling.”
The congressman, as well Jeff Siddiqui, the founder of American Muslims of Puget Sound, are concerned that all sixteen terrorists featured have connections to Islam......Only two of the FBI’s 32 “Most Wanted Terrorists” do not have connections to Islam according to the FBI. Read more......
(6) Hobby Lobby Just Scored A Major Victory Against Obamacare - The Blaze - In a health care decision giving hope to opponents of the federal birth-control coverage mandate, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday that Hobby Lobby stores won’t have to start paying millions of dollars in fines next week for not complying with the requirement.
The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver decided the Oklahoma City-based arts and crafts chain can proceed with its case and won’t be subject to fines in the meantime.
The reprieve gives Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. more time to argue in a lower court that for-profit businesses – not just currently exempted religious groups – should be allowed to seek an exception if the law violates their religious beliefs. The company had sued to overturn the mandate on grounds that it violates the faith of founder and CEO David Green and his family.
The appeals court remanded the case for more argument, but the judges indicated Hobby Lobby had a reasonable chance of success. Read more........