(1) Obama Family Trip to Africa to Cost $60 to $100 Million...... - Weekly Standard
(2) Obama Administration considers resettling thousands of Syrian refugees in U.S, Brietbart ........
A Trojan Horse: GOP Representatives Break Down Immigration Bill Fight - The Blaze - Republican House members leading a fight against Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said a “Trojan horse bill” is in the works to trick the GOP into voting for amnesty for illegal immigrants.
Reps. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), Steve King (R-Iowa) and Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) told Glenn Beck on his TV program Thursday that the Senate’s pending immigration reform bill will mean amnesty — and that a deceptively “good” bill in the House will get it pushed through.“We have the really bad bill in the Senate and what’s going to happen, Glenn, is that a Trojan horse — a bill that’s going to really look good and really sound good and it’s going to talk about border security — a bill that we like will get voted on and passed,” Bachmann said.
Both bills will go to a conference committee to be reconciled, where “they’ll take the good guts out of the good bill, they’ll put the bad guts in the good bill, the Senate will pass it, it’ll come over to the House, and then [House Minority Leader] Nancy Pelosi and all the Democrats will vote for the amnesty bill, probably the committee chairs will vote for it, and we’ll have amnesty,” Bachmann said.
(2) Revolt Among Republicans on Immigration Bill: 70 House Members Risk Careers in Planned Showdown with Leadership - The Blaze - Seventy House Republicans are planning a politically risky showdown with Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to try to force additional debate on an immigration bill they say will mean amnesty for illegal immigrants and have dire consequences for the country.
The 70 members are petitioning for a special Republican conference meeting on the bill, a “highly unusual” move to go head-to-head with the speaker, according to Reps. Michele Bachmann (Minn.), Steve King (Iowa) and Louie Gohmert (Texas), who are serving as spokespersons for the group.Bachmann, King and Gohmert told TheBlaze the group is invoking the Hastert Rule: requiring support from a majority of the majority to bring a bill forward.
The petition is expected to go to the House leadership on Friday, but it’s possible some signatories might remove their names due to political risk, or that Boehner could head off the challenge by striking a deal. Going against leadership in such a way could have harsh political consequences for the signatories, including retaliation such as permanently getting passed over for chairmanship positions. Read more....... AW: FOR THE RECORD: I called Robert Hurt's office today and he was not one of the 70 House Members who signed this Petition.
REGARDLESS OF YOUR VIEWS ON ABORTION, THIS IS AN IMPORTANT VIDEO TO
(3) VIDEO: (19,058 views) Lethal Injection for Fetus is "like a flu shot or a vaccine." - Hot Air - In the category of “bizarre,” Live Action presents Dr. Carmen Landau, who aborts late-term babies using a lethal injection into the cranium, and compares the process to a flu shot or vaccine:The video features newly released recordings from Dr. Carmen Landau, of Southwest Women’s Options in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and a counselor employed at the same facility.
When asked by the Live Action investigator, “Is it a baby?,” the counselor answers:
Well what – how – what do you consider a baby? It’s definitely a fetus. … Um, it depends what the term “baby” means to you, and how you perceive it.
When asked if the possibility of the pre-born baby feeling pain bothers her, the New Mexico counselor replies:
I feel that it’s, um, necessary for the procedure to happen and, ultimately, um, safest, and kind of the most, kinda, humane way to do it, you know? READ MORE........
(4) White House Opposes Religious Liberty in House Bill for Military - Citizenlink - The Obama administration released a statement condemning protections for rights of conscience for members of the armed forces. Language in the National Defense Authorization Act requires the military to accommodate the religious speech of its members. The bill is pending in the House of Representatives.
“By limiting the discretion of commanders to address potentially problematic speech and actions within their units,” reads the administration’s objection, “this provision would have a significant adverse effect on good order, discipline, morale and mission accomplishment.”
Family Research Council president Tony Perkins reacted to the statement from the White House.
“The Obama administration has joined forces with those who are attacking the religious freedoms of those who serve in our Armed Services,” he said. “The administration’s opposition to Rep. Fleming’s religious freedom amendment reveals that this administration has gone beyond accommodating the anti-Christian activists who want to remove any vestige of Christianity from the military, to aiding them by blocking this bipartisan measure.” Read more.........
(5) Tim Tebow's Spirituality No Small Factor for Patriots Owner Robert Kraft - CBS NY - The word in New England on Tuesday was “Tebow.”
The next day it was all about “spirituality.”
Coincidence? Not at all.
Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Wednesday that Tim Tebow’s faith-based makeup was a factor in deciding to bring the quarterback into the fold.
“He’s a winner, and the fact that spirituality is so important to him is very appealing to me,” Kraft said, according to CBS Boston.
The report included two more quotes with the word “spirituality.” Kraft was speaking from a charity event in honor of his late wife, Myra:
– “For me personally, having Tim Tebow on this team, he’s someone who believes in spirituality, he’s very competitive, works hard and has a great attitude.” Read more.........
(6) Report: Internal Memo Reveals State Department Hired Thousand of Employees with Troubling Histories - The Blaze - Internal documents from the Inspector General’s office obtained by the New York Post claim to reveal that thousands of employees working for the U.S. State Department have sketchy backgrounds that limit them in their ability to perform their job within the department.
The Post reported that a whistleblower leaked a December 2012 memo to State Deputy Inspector General Harold Geisel from a leader in the Inspector General’s Office, stating that about 2,000 employees within the State Department brought on during a “hiring surge a decade ago” have “troubling histories including criminal matters,” which prevent them from being able to assist prosecutors during trials. The whistleblower also told the Post that this information was intentionally removed from the Inspector General’s report. Read more.........