YOU WILL LOVE THIS, PLEASE WATCH!!! Listen to this Veteran's Epic Defense of the 2nd Amendment at Chicago Anti-Gun Forum.. "I went to War for my Country." A military veteran delivered a passionate defense of the Second Amendment at a Chicago-area anti-gun “forum” Sunday, saying he went to war to protect all Americans’ inalienable rights — including the right to bear arms. He also argued the threat of “tyranny” is still just as real as it was in the past. The veteran, along with several other NRA supporters, were reportedly forced to listen to panelists bash the Second Amendment and question whether or not the right to bear arms is still relevant in today’s society. “About two-thirds of the audience sported Illinois State Rifle Association or National Rifle Association hats or tee-shirts. Many held up “Don’t Infringe My Rights” signs. Many photographed the crowd and speakers with phones and cameras,” according to the Wilmette Sun Times. One of the speakers at the event, identified as Bill Jenkins, even went as far as to place a photograph of Nazi paraphernalia on the screen with the caption, “this is what a gun show looks like,” followed by a picture of a Chihuahua with the caption “this is what I think the NRA really is.” Critics of the NRA have gotten into a habit of comparing the NRA to Nazis. “Finally, when panelist Lee Goodman of the Stop Concealed Carry Coalition responded to a question about the original reasons for including the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights by saying ‘it didn’t matter [what their intentions were],’ it was enough for the combat veteran to speak up,” Legal Insurrection notes.
(2) Here are the Rejected"Unpatriotic' Amendments from the NY Gun Law that One Dem Preferred not be Seen - The Blaze - The NY SAFE Act passed a week ago in New York was deemed some of the strictest of state gun legislation — but it could have been even more so.
New York Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin explained in a Facebook post last week that he was given the “unpatriotic proposals” by a colleague. And while they didn’t make it into the final bill, that was “thanks to us fighting back.”.....Here’s the list McLaughlin posted that he says he received from a colleague and notes it is not confidential: (1) Confiscation of “assault weapons” (2) Confiscation [of] ten round clips (3) Statewide database for ALL Guns (4) Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public (5) Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons” (6) Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines (7) Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines (8) Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month (9) Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners (10) Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years (11) State issued pistol permits (12) Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State (13) Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers (14) Mandatory locking of guns at home (15) Fee for licensing, registering weapons. Read entire article........
(3) 37 Statistics Which Show How 4 Years of Obama Have Wrecked the U.S. Economy - The mainstream media covered the inauguration of Barack Obama with breathless anticipation on Monday, but should we really be celebrating another four years of Obama? The truth is that the first four years of Obama were an absolute train wreck for the U.S. economy. Over the past four years, the percentage of working age Americans with a job has fallen, median household income has declined by more than $4000, poverty in the U.S. has absolutely exploded and our national debt has ballooned to ridiculous proportions........1. During Obama's first term, the number of Americans on food stamps increased by an average of about 11,000 per day.
2. At the beginning of the Obama era, 32 million Americans were on food stamps. Today, more than 47 million Americans are on food stamps.
3. According to one calculation, the number of Americans on food stamps now exceeds the combined populations of "Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming." Read more......
(4) West Point Center Cites Dangers of 'Far Right' in U.S. - Washington Times - A West Point think tank has issued a paper warning America about “far right” groups such as the “anti-federalist” movement, which supports “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.”
The report issued this week by the Combating Terrorism Center at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., is titled “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right.”
The center — part of the institution where men and women are molded into Army officers — posted the report Tuesday. It lumps limited government activists with three movements it identifies as “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement.”
(5) Six Awesome Videos Showing Babies Inside he Womb - The Blaze - Some find it fascinating. Others consider it unknown and slightly scary. And still others think of pregnancy and birth as all of the above as well as a fact of life that each and every one of us has been a part of in one way or another.
On this 40th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade, the pro-life movement it seems fitting to at least take a look at the mystery of human life.
Technology in recent years has improved imagery inside the womb and allowed for realistic animated visualizations to present various aspects of fetal development in a way that hasn’t been seen before.
We’ve pulled together videos showing different views and aspects of pregnancy and birth (nothing too graphic but it still might be consider so for some — consider yourself warned).
Here’s a TED talk from 2010 in which Alexander Tsiaras shows an amazing visualization of human development from conception to birth (Note: The visualization starts at 2:00): See more videos .......